Windows XP explained
BP 514 - Price £6.99
Noel Kantaris & Phil Oliver
One of over 90 books by Noel Kantaris and Phil Oliver, published
by Bernard Babani (publishing) Ltd. If you want to get up and running as soon
as possible with Windows XP, then this is the book for you.
The book explains:-
- How to manipulate Windows, and how to use the Control Panel
to add or change your printer, and control your display.
- How to control information using WordPad, Notepad and Paint,
and how to use the Clipboard facility to transfer information between Windows
- How to be in control of your filing system using 'Windows
Explorer' and 'My Computer'.
- How to control printers, fonts, characters, multimedia and
images, and how to add hardware and software to your system.
- How to configure your system to communicate with the outside
world, and how to use Outlook Express for all your e-mail requirements.
- How to use the Windows Media Player to play your CDs, burn
CDs with your favourite tracks, use the Radio Tuner, and transfer your videos
to your PC, and how to use the Sound Recorder, and Movie Maker.
- How to use the System Tools to restore your system to a previously
working state, use Microsoft's Website to update your Windows set-up, how
to clean up, defragment, and scan your hard disc, and how to backup and restore
- How to use the Security Centre of Windows Service Pack 2
to protect your computer from external attacks.
- How to successfully transfer text from those old but cherished
A fairly detailed glossary of terms is included, which should be used with the text of this book where necessary.
Book List | The Authors